When there’s an unauthorized transaction in your wallet, it’s most probably that your wallet is compromised. Someone else has either your secret phrase or your approval of using the assets. The first thing you should do is to rescue the remaining assets in your wallet before they are transferred out by scammers.
Follow the steps below ASAP:
- Log out of the current account. Make sure you’ve written down the secret phrases of the scammed wallet before logout.
- Create a new KuCoin Wallet on your mobile.
- Back up the secret phrase and store it in a safe place. Never share it with anyone else.
- Log in to the compromised account again and send any remaining assets to the newly created account. Once you’ve transferred all the available assets, it’s suggested to discontinue using the old wallet.
Report the scam to us through the official channel:
Telegram Group: https://t.me/kuwallet
Also, you can click ‘Submit a request’ through Help Center on App to submit a ticket. Follow the steps in our How to report a scam article and our staff will do their best to assist you.
KuCoin Wallet is a self-custodial wallet with users having full control of their wallets. This means KuCoin Wallet does not record the users’ secret phrases and cannot control access to user accounts. So once your assets are lost, transactions cannot be reversed, and the lost assets cannot be restored.
Why did this happen?
With the rapid development of cryptocurrency, there are many reasons that may result in the your asset losses. Some of the reasons are as follows:
- You visited a phishing website and entered your secret phrases.
- You shared your secret phrase with someone else.
- You store secret phrase your computer which was hacked with malicious software and your secret phrase was revealed to hackers.
- You gave approval to an unknown DApp or a site’s smart contract with unlimited access to your assets.
Check which websites you have visited before the hack, and analyze your approval history. For any suspicious phishing websites, please report to us so we can prevent this from happening to other users in the future. If you have any further information after your investigation, please let us know.
About KuCoin Wallet
KuCoin Wallet is a secure and easy-to-use crypto wallet that supports multi-chain aggregation powered by the KuCoin ecosystem. With the security expertise of KuCoin and the leading security technology audited by Hacken, KuCoin Wallet is a self-custody wallet with users having full control of their assets. KuCoin Wallet provides the easiest way for users to manage multi-chain assets and enables them to buy, store and view NFT collections directly within the wallet. KuCoin Wallet is a gateway to the world of Web3 for all crypto users.
Please sign in to leave a comment.